June 06, 2005

and DONE!!!!

Wednesday 1st June 2005

its around 2 in the afternoon when i get to know that since my guide is going to be out of town on friday, i will have to make my final presentations on thursday itself......

Status at this moment of time -

  • My guide still hasnt gone thru my prefinal draft of the report...so i cannot make my final presentation ppt before he gives me his views on it.....
  • The MR for my other project has jus entered the data entry stage i have around 300 odd responses more to firstly enter and then analyse and each questionnaire has 25 ques each

i have no idea how to finish it in 24 hours considering i dont sleep or do anything else.....

i start the data entry...go to my guide's cubicle every half hr to remind him to go thru my report...finally take print out n give him a hard copy before he leaves.......

data entry is still on...its 830, there is no one in the office other than me and the security guard.....he decides hes had enuf if not me he has a life.....he switches off the AC and also the lights in the other cubicles.....i finally give up n pack.......i mail all the stuff to myself, promising myself to work at home.....

i reach home only to realise that the net connection is down..o my gawd......have another 200 responses to go wht do i do...i decided to jus enter data sumplace else n merge it nxt day.......n so i work till 2 am wen the current decides i have had enuf...n kaboom goes the current....wait till 3 am then decide to go to sleep n go to office early


Thursday 2nd June 2005

get up at 6, there is no cd drive on the comps at office so jus put the data into a USB pen drive and hope tht i will find a comp which has a USB port.........

reach office at exactly 7:32 am, there is again jus one other person in the office, the security guard.......

look for a comp with a USB port finally find one....its the one used by UK marketing team head and that chap comes in only around 1130 am.....finally finish entering the data at around 1 pm have got the other data from the ren drive to finish analysing et all by abt 2 pm......n then it strikes me.........

Sujith is gonna start his presentation at 230 n i have my first presentation at 330 n my ppt for tht presentation is dtill not done coz my guide who came in to the office at 130 has still not given me anyrthing on my report....i go n bug him again finally at 230 as sujith enters the seminar room to make his presentation i start on my ppt......
thankfully finish it by arnd 315 and sujith takes a lil while longer for his ppt so at 4 i m in the hall waiting for the MD.....and then we realise tht there is no net connection....:(

run around to find the network guy who is unable to get a net connection...get the comp out of the room to a cubicle where there is a net connection but there seems to b sum prob in file transfer.....finally end up taking my comp(the machine i have been working on for the past two months)......

it was already 5 pm now time for the presentation on the project which sujith n i had done together so my presentation gets pushed away n v open the ppt for this presentation but it refuses to open the comp crashes every time v do this......at 530 v decide to make the ppt again.....cut paste starts with desperately trying to remember where wht was supposed to come......at last at 615 v r ready and starts the presentation again....it goes real well and the MD is real happy with our work and all the inferences and results v got from the MR.......

now time for my main presentation it is past 7 pm.....but thankfully i do a gud job or as my guide said later on a great job, the MD seemed to agree to most of my recommendations.....:)

and thus ends a marathon day.........13 hrs in office, no breakfast, no lunch but i m happy n pleased the job was done well and the best part i was done with my internship........

friday was spent in compiling all reports and today, monday i m sitting here waiting for my guide to come and fill my evaluation form so that i can leave....say good bye to my first office for one last time...............

its been one great experience......it had its own low points but overall i m happy with my summer internship......had gud projects to work on.....it may not have been the best place to work at but i have learnt a lot...................


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summers over ... cool! Congratulations :)

And best of all ... it's time for 2nd year !!!!

You going on exchange?

- Suhail

6/06/2005 3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks.....

no me not going on exchange.....will b busy with confluence......

6/06/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Lady Z said...

Yippeee..freak out lady! :D And congrats for the great job :)

6/07/2005 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wy u stop writing ?

11/03/2005 11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Best online mba in India The information is really useful and truly motivating.I love this kind of blogs.I would like to refer one more blog which truly motivated me that is Sean Hughes’s Leadlife blog.It’s one of the best lifestyle blogs.

2/15/2018 1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home